Purple shampoos have become increasingly popular among individuals looking to maintain vibrant and brass-free hair. These shampoos contain purple pigments that neutralize unwanted yellow or brassy tones in blonde, silver, and gray hair. To help you find the best purple shampoo that suits your needs, here’s a list of the top 10 purple shampoos available in the market.
1. Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo: This affordable option is loved by many for its ability to remove unwanted brassy tones and leave hair feeling soft and shiny.
2. L’Oréal Paris EverPure Blonde Shampoo: Infused with iris botanicals, this sulfate-free shampoo not only eliminates brassiness but also hydrates and strengthens hair.
3. Joico Color Balance Purple Shampoo: Known for its powerful toning abilities, this shampoo helps maintain color vibrancy while leaving hair nourished and moisturized.
4. Redken Color Extend Blondage Shampoo: This strengthening shampoo neutralizes brassy tones and defends hair against breakage, thanks to its blend of citric acid and violet pigments.
5. Matrix Total Results So Silver Shampoo: Formulated with lactic acid and violet pigments, this clarifying shampoo tones down brassiness and enhances shine.
6. Fanola No Yellow Shampoo: This highly pigmented shampoo is perfect for those with extremely brassy hair, as it effortlessly neutralizes yellow tones and promotes a bright, cool blonde result.
7. Schwarzkopf Professional BlondeMe Cool Blondes Tone Enhancing Bonding Shampoo: This shampoo restores and maintains hair’s optimal pH level, while the pigments counteract any warm tones.
8. Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Shampoo: With its exclusive Dual-Violet system, this shampoo not only cancels out brassiness but also leaves hair looking healthy and full of life.
9. Davines Alchemic Shampoo: Designed specifically for silver and gray hair, this gentle shampoo enhances and maintains cool tones, keeping hair vibrant and soft.
10. Pravana The Perfect Blonde Purple Toning Sulfate-Free Shampoo: Formulated with optical brighteners and lavender extract, this shampoo eliminates brassiness while providing a luxurious feel to the hair.
List of Questions and Answers:
1. How does purple shampoo work?
Purple shampoos contain purple pigments that neutralize yellow or brassy tones in hair. The purple pigments counteract the warm tones, leaving hair looking cool and vibrant.
2. Can purple shampoo be used on all hair colors?
Purple shampoo is primarily designed for blonde, silver, and gray hair, as these hair colors are more prone to developing brassiness. However, people with other hair colors can use it to enhance shine and control unwanted warmth.
3. How often should I use purple shampoo?
The frequency of use depends on personal preference and the level of brassiness. It is recommended to use purple shampoo once or twice a week to maintain the desired tone without over-toning the hair.
4. Will purple shampoo stain my hair purple?
When used properly, purple shampoo should not cause your hair to turn purple. However, if overused or left on for too long, it may temporarily tint the hair a slight purple hue. This can be easily corrected with regular shampooing.
5. Can purple shampoo dry out my hair?
Some purple shampoos contain sulfates, which can strip the hair of its natural oils and moisture. Look for sulfate-free options or use a deep conditioning treatment after using purple shampoo to avoid dryness.
6. How long does it take to see results from purple shampoo?
Results can vary based on the intensity of your brassiness and the specific purple shampoo used. In most cases, significant tone correction can be noticed after a few washes.
7. Can I use purple shampoo as a regular shampoo?
Purple shampoo is formulated to neutralize brassiness rather than cleanse the hair. Therefore, it is recommended to use it in conjunction with a regular shampoo or cleansing conditioner.
8. Are there any side effects of using purple shampoo?
Purple shampoo is generally safe for use, but people with an allergy or sensitivity to certain ingredients should check the product label. If any irritation occurs, discontinue use immediately.
9. Can I leave purple shampoo on for longer than recommended?
Leaving purple shampoo on for longer than recommended may result in an overly cool or gray tone. It is best to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to achieve the desired results.
10. Can I use purple shampoo on colored or chemically treated hair?
Yes, purple shampoo can be used on colored or chemically treated hair. However, it is essential to choose a sulfate-free option to avoid fading the color or causing any further damage.