The Best Purple Shampoos on the Market: Achieve Stunning Blonde Results
Maintaining blonde hair can be a challenging task. Over time, blonde hair has a tendency to turn dull and brassy due to factors like sun exposure, heat styling, and environmental pollutants. This is where purple shampoos come to the rescue. Purple shampoos are specially formulated to counteract the unwanted yellow and orange tones in blonde hair, leaving it brilliantly toned and vibrant. However, with a plethora of options available in the market, finding the best purple shampoo can be overwhelming. To help you achieve stunning blonde results, we have compiled a list of 10 top-notch purple shampoos that will make your locks shimmer and shine.
1. Matrix Total Results So Silver Shampoo: Crafted with neutralizing pigments, this shampoo gently cleanses and eliminates brassiness, leaving your hair with a beautiful silver effect.
2. Joico Color Balance Purple Shampoo: Enriched with tone-correcting pigments, this shampoo restores the cool tone in your hair while nourishing it with luxurious ingredients.
3. Fanola No Yellow Shampoo: Loved by professionals worldwide, this ultra-strong formula neutralizes yellow tones, enhancing the intensity of your blonde hair.
4. Redken Color Extend Blondage Purple Shampoo: This sulfate-free formula is rich in color-correcting pigments that provide both toning and strengthening benefits for your blonde mane.
5. Shimmer Lights Original Purple Shampoo: An affordable yet effective option, this shampoo revitalizes dull blonde hair, leaving it silky smooth and radiant.
6. Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo: A unique blend of plant-based ingredients makes this shampoo an excellent choice for brightening and nourishing your blonde locks.
7. Kerastase Blond Absolu Bain Lumiere Shampoo: With its powerful formula, this shampoo gently cleanses and illuminates your blonde hair, giving it a natural shine.
8. Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Shampoo: This violet-tinted shampoo neutralizes brassy tones and imparts a flawless cool blonde finish to your hair.
9. Fudge Clean Blonde Damage Rewind Violet-Toning Shampoo: Not only does it neutralize unwanted tones, but this shampoo also strengthens and repairs damaged hair.
10. Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Conditioner: This color-enhancing conditioner hydrates and tones your blonde hair, acting as a perfect companion to the purple shampoos on this list.
These purple shampoos are designed to be used a few times a week, with each use gradually toning your hair and combating brassiness. While they work wonders for achieving stunning blonde results, it is essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and avoid overusing them to prevent an unwanted purple cast.
1. How often should I use purple shampoo on my blonde hair?
Purple shampoos should be used 1-2 times a week for optimal results. Overuse can lead to a violet tint on your hair.
2. Can I use purple shampoo on naturally brown hair?
While purple shampoo is designed specifically for blonde hair, it can be used on lightened or highlighted brown hair to neutralize brassiness.
3. Can purple shampoo dry out my hair?
Some purple shampoos contain ingredients that can potentially dry out your hair. Look for shampoos that have moisturizing properties or use a conditioner afterwards to maintain hydration.
4. Can purple shampoo make my hair purple?
When used according to instructions, purple shampoo should not make your hair turn purple. However, leaving it on for too long or overusing it can result in a purple cast on lighter hair.
5. Are there any purple shampoos that are sulfate-free?
Yes, several purple shampoos on the market are sulfate-free, making them suitable for those with sensitive scalps or who prefer sulfate-free haircare products.
6. Can purple shampoo be used on gray or silver hair?
Purple shampoo can be used on gray or silver hair to neutralize any yellow undertones and enhance the cool, silver hue.
7. How long should I leave purple shampoo on my hair?
Generally, leave purple shampoo on your hair for 2-5 minutes, depending on the instructions provided by the specific brand.
8. Will using purple shampoo make my hair lighter?
Purple shampoo does not lighten hair. Its main purpose is to neutralize brassy tones and maintain the desired blonde shade.
9. Can I use purple shampoo on color-treated hair?
Yes, purple shampoos can be used on color-treated hair to maintain the desired shade and neutralize any brassiness that may develop over time.
10. Do I need to follow up with conditioner after using purple shampoo?
Using conditioner after purple shampoo is recommended to maintain hydration and nourish your hair.
11. Can I mix purple shampoo with regular shampoo?
It is not recommended to mix purple shampoo with regular shampoo, as it may dilute the toning effect and reduce its effectiveness.
12. Are there any DIY alternatives to purple shampoo?
Some natural remedies, such as rinsing your hair with diluted apple cider vinegar or applying a purple-toned hair mask, may act as substitutes for purple shampoo.
13. Can purple shampoo be used on chemically straightened or relaxed hair?
Yes, purple shampoo is safe to use on chemically straightened or relaxed hair, as long as it is not overly porous or damaged.
14. Can I use purple shampoo on my balayage or ombre hair?
Yes, purple shampoo can be used on balayage or ombre hair to maintain the desired blonde tones and prevent them from turning brassy.
15. Can purple shampoo replace regular shampoo?
Purple shampoo is intended to be used in conjunction with regular shampoo, as it serves a specific purpose of toning and neutralizing unwanted brassiness.
16. Can I use purple shampoo if I have a dry scalp?
If you have a dry scalp, it is advisable to choose a purple shampoo that contains moisturizing ingredients to prevent further dryness.
17. Do all purple shampoos smell the same?
No, the fragrance of purple shampoos varies from brand to brand. Some have a floral scent, while others may have a more fruity or herbal aroma.
18. Can I use purple shampoo on my naturally red or copper-toned hair?
Purple shampoo is not recommended for naturally red or copper-toned hair, as it is specifically formulated for blondes to counteract yellow and orange tones.
19. Can purple shampoo be used on keratin-treated hair?
Purple shampoo is generally safe to use on keratin-treated hair. However, it is best to consult with your hairstylist or read the instructions on the product for any specific precautions.
20. Can I use purple shampoo on extensions or wigs?
Yes, purple shampoo can be used on extensions or wigs to maintain the desired shade and prevent any brassiness. However, it is always good to check with the manufacturer or hairstylist for compatibility and care instructions.